Originally a marketplace known as the Upper Market, this already served as a market in the 13th century, when poultry markets, pottery and second-hand markets, and others were active here. From the 15th century it has been called the Vegetable Market, or “Zelný trh”. Locally known as “Zelňák”, the sloping square has a rectangular shape and lies just below the hill Petrov. The name of the square is relevant today, since a large part of it is used as a market for vegetables, fruits, and flowers. The upper part of the square is dominated by the Holy Trinity Column from 1729, while the square's most dominant feature is the Baroque Parnas fountain from the late 17th century.