At the intersection of Jánská and Minoritská Streets there stands a church dedicated to two Saint Johns – St. John the Baptist and St. John the Evangelist. The church belongs to the Minorite monastery, founded around 1230 and active at this site continuously for nearly 800 years – not even the Josephine reforms dissolved it. The monastic church of St. John the Baptist was consecrated in 1257, the monastery and church were rebuilt in Baroque style in the first third of the 18th century, the work being led by the Brno architect Moritz Grimm. Besides the church and monastic buildings, the entire complex also consists of the Loreto with its Holy House and Holy Stairs (an imitation of the Holy Stairs which, according to legend, were tread by Jesus Christ in Jerusalem in the palace of Pontius Pilate. The originals are located in Rome).